The Plain City Public Library is looking for a friendly, energetic and customer focused individual to join our team in serving as part-time Circulation Clerk for approximately 20 hours/week.
The Circulation staff work on the front lines to make visitors feel welcome during their time with the Library. Our library clerks know their way around a computer keyboard and are quick on their feet. They answer questions about library services and talk to visitors of all ages. Circulation clerks think fast, change directions frequently and don’t let obstacles stand in the way of positive outcomes.
The starting pay is $9.75 per hour. The desired candidate embraces diversity and has a passion for serving others. A high school diploma or equivalent is required but, even though library experience is preferred, we’ll teach you all you need to know about working in our library. Some days are a loud crazy rush, others are quiet, and some are simply a dusty mess.
The desired candidate must be able to work year-round on Tuesday & Thursday 3pm to 9pm, most Fridays and select Saturdays from 9:30am to 6pm. Your presence for some training days or special events may be needed outside of the regular work schedule. This schedule is firm as it’s currently the best fit to serve the community.
Our mission is to provide resources to enhance the quality and enjoyment of life; to do so the Plain City Public Library believes in:
• Being excellent communicators; thriving in a flexible environment that values health,
family and respect for one another
• Ensuring a safe and welcoming environment for personalized attention without
• Maintaining an accessible facility that fosters curiosity and discovery for all people,
through traditional services, education and emerging technologies
• Building community partnerships through dynamic outreach and wide-ranging programs
• Being mindful of the cultural heritage of our communities and how it shapes us while we
seek out new trends and embrace opportunities for the future
This position will close as soon as we find a great match for Team Library!