Good news—the Plain City Public Library has subscribed to a fun new reading program that children and their caregivers can access from home! Scholastic BookFlix is an online literacy resource that pairs classic animated stories from with thematically aligned nonfiction ebooks to build a love of reading and learning.
This engaging digital resource for children in grades PreK–3 will help early readers develop and practice essential reading skills, and introduces them to a world of knowledge and exploration.
Your children can access Scholastic BookFlix anywhere there is an internet connection – it’s like having access to the library’s collection 24 hours a day, seven days a week! BookFlix includes:
• 135 classic animated stories, each paired with a related nonfiction ebook
• Spanish language versions of 37 pairs of fiction and nonfiction
• Read-aloud supports so students can hear each book narrated, and also hear definitions of key
words and directions for each activity
• Educational puzzlers so children can show what they have learned
• Safe, age-appropriate web links so kids can extend their learning on a topic
• Meet the Creator section to learn more about each fiction book
Scholastic BookFlix is specifically created to support non-, beginning, and reluctant readers—it’s the perfect resource for independent reading practice at the library and at home!
To get started, click on the BookFlix logo below. You’ll be prompted to enter your Plain City Public Library card number. Then read, listen, and enjoy!